If you would like to join the choir, please complete the on-line application form (click here) and you will be contacted shortly thereafter.
New members will be welcome to join us from the end of March 2019.
We are particularly looking for Tenors and Basses.
We rehearse at the Rondebosch Union Church Hall, behind the Church in Belmont Road, at 7.30pm on Wednesday evenings. rehearsals are 2 hours in duration. In the lead up to concerts, additional rehearsals will be scheduled.
You can try us for a few weeks, then we ask you to take an audition. If accepted, you are IN, and then there are five simple rules:
- Be on time for as many rehearsals as possible
- Don’t talk during rehearsals
- Work hard at learning the notes at home (training cds are available for purchase)
- Invite your friends and family to our concerts. Members are required to sell a minimum of 2 tickets to each concert.
- Get involved by joining one of the volunteer groups within the choir
- Have fun!
It is not essential to be able to read music – Pavarotti never did! – although it helps. Importantly, you need a pleasing voice, a sense of rhythm, and the ability to remember the tune of your part.
We also ask that you contribute R850/annum in Choir fees.